1. Soak, disinfect and deodorise your gear.
Are bad smells hanging on to your training gear like a back-ride from hell? Try these simple solutions to have you smelling Daisy Fresh in no time!
- Try soaking clothes in one part white distilled vinegar and four parts cold water for 30 minutes.
- Another solution, soak your clothes in a water and oxygen bleach solution like napisan etc. overnight.
- Add a cup of baking soda to your rinse cycle.
- Add lemon juice to your wash, the citric acid helps to breakdown the oils produced by your body.
2. Sort through your training apparel and equipment.
You have been digging through the gear in your boot for months, now is the time to bring some order to your life and save some time in the gym parking lot. Use this opportunity to wipe everything that can't be thrown in the wash with an antibacterial solution. Now is not the time to become sentimental, draw on your inner Marie Kondo, thank old gear for the journey and move on!
3. Create a strength, conditioning and nutrition plan.
No doubt you have a voice in the back of your mind telling you that you need to supplement your training with strength and conditioning, however, the devil on your shoulder keeps telling you "You don't need it...just roll". There are so many phenomenal online resources and local coaches at your disposal, think about the areas you are lacking in and assess what your game needs. Like your strength, conditioning and nutrition coaches have a little extra time on their hands right now, it is the perfect time to reach out!
4. Review your game systematically.
As we are normally caught up in the daily grind it is sometimes hard to see the forest from the trees, what is your game missing? what are your strengths and weaknesses? How will you fix it?
Take this as an opportunity to team up with a training partner online and honestly critique each others game, don't waste your time off the mat!
5. Spend time with your loved ones.
This does not need a great deal of explaining. Often we are caught up in our grappling journey and other aspects of life don't get the love they deserve. Take this extra time as a gift, spend it with loved ones or working on bettering yourself.