Who doesn't like a custard tart? If you answered "me" then shame on you! We have once again cracked the code and made something super delicious and super (well, fairly) good for you. You can make these treats and store them in the fridge for up to a week, we think they are even better cold. Enjoy.
1 Tbs of coconut flour
1 small handful of dates
2 Cups of your favourite nuts (we used almonds)
2 Tbs of coconut oil
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 ripe banana
5-6 Egg yolks
2-3 Tbs corn flour
1 cup of milk (any kind)
2 tsps of vanilla essence
Cinnamon to dust
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180. Crack your eggs into a bowl, add the vanilla and set aside.
2. Finely blitz your nuts and dates, add the coconut flour, then add your wet ingredients to the mix.
3. The consistency should be firm yet moist. Press into a muffin tin (you could make this into a slice, in that case push the base into a slice tin). Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
1. Heat the milk over a medium heat with the vanilla, you do not want the mix to boil at any stage.
2. Once the mix is hot add it to the eggs and whisk, put the mix back onto the stove and whisk in the dry ingredients. Keep the mix moving until it is thick like a pudding.
3. Pour the mix into the nut bases and dust with cinnamon.
4. Bake until the custard is golden brown on top.