1 Medium brown onion
1 Tbs of tomato paste
500g of lean mince
1 400g can of diced tomatoes
Basil to taste
250ml of tomato puree
Garlic to taste
SWEET POTATO MASH
1 Large sweet potato (gold)
1 tsp of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly coat the sweet potato with olive oil and place in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake until soft. Mash and set aside.
2. Cook the Bolognese mix - Brown the onions, mince and garlic in a pot.
3. Add the tomato paste and cook off for 2 minutes. Add the can of tomatoes and puree and reduce down over the next 20 minutes.
4. Add basil, salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a shallow baking dish, pour the bolognese mix and cover with the sweet potato mash.
6. Bake until the potato is lightly brown and enjoy.