3. More fat, less sugar or don't eat.
"Sugar [is] probably the worst thing to happen to human health in the last two hundred years."
This chapter begins by discussing breakfast and the concept of ditching the sugar laden bullshit for quality fats, if you don't have quality food to start the day then skip it all together!
- Minimise your intake!
- Has been linked to heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
- Get to know the difference between simple and complex carbohydrates. Sugar = Simple (fast sugars), Starches such as sweet potato = Complex (slow sugars).
- Consuming simple sugars all day constantly spikes your insulin levels resulting in constant "crashing", the dire result could eventually be type 2 diabetes.
- Traditionally fats were seen as universally bad for you. Egg yolks are back on the menu!
- [There is] no evidence that saturated fat increases heart disease."
- Not all fats are created equal, you should limit or avoid trans fats like fried chips (sorry).
- If you don't have good fuel available skip breakfast (or that meal) all together, you won't die.
- Consider a reduced 'eating window', which will allow your body to repair better and burn fat more efficiently.
- Fats (the right ones) are better for you than you think.
- Sugar is the devil, use sparingly.
- Ultimately what you do or don't put in your body in the morning has a massive follow on affect for the day and a potential snowball affect for your week, month etc.