Beat the winter chill with this classic slow cooked beef chilli from scratch.
2 Medium onions
4 Cloves of garlic
500g Cubed beef
1 Tbs Oregano
1 400g tin of diced tomatoes
2 Capsicums (green or red)
1 tin of red kidney beans
Salt and pepper to taste
4 Birdseye chillies
1 Tbs Smoked paprika
1 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Ground chilli powder
1. Dice the onions and capsicums. Finely chop the garlic and chillies. Cube the beef 2cm x 2cm.
2. Fry the onion and beef until the beef is brown, add the garlic and chilli.
3. Add the dry spices and fry off for 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, bring everything down to a very low simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour.
5. After the chilli has been bubbling away add in the remaining ingredients, cover and cook down for another hour until the beef is tender.